I like to write
That's the biggest lie I ever told myself -- and I tell myself a bunch of lies! -- I never really liked to write.
Whenever I wanted to create a blog -- which I don't know why I would want such a thing -- I would do exactly that, create a blog from the ground up.
That would mean:
- testing a number of blogging technologies -- Jekyll, Ghost, Hugo, etc
- spending some time choosing a CSS framework like Tailwind and making it work with the above
- choosing where to host the blog, then setup https
- finding a way to add syntax highlighting -- of course, because I would write about code!
- designing a nice looking layout
- adding light & dark themes based on system preferences in addition to a manual toggle
- figuring out RSS
and the list goes on and on, but it never really gets to actually writing blog posts.
This changes now.
- Practice my writting skills. The ability to communicate effectively via text is highly important for working remotely, which is my case.
- I can just share a link instead of repeating myself when sharing knowledge with friends and collegues.
- I always learn something new when writting a blog post and it adds to my career.
- It reinforces my understanding of the things I blogging about.
- I can go back and remember my thinking behind subjects.
... because I want to write.